View Poll Results: GAP or VPM B/E on your dive computer?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • GAP (Buhlmann-GF)

42 38.18%
  • V-Planner (VPM-B,(/E))

68 61.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GAP or VPM B/E on your dive computer?

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

GAP or VPM B/E on your dive computer?

As the title says; If only these two were available, which would you prefer? (Same output as the PC versions)
    Last edited by Mdemon; 7th March 2007 at 13:35.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Re: GAP or VPM B/E on your dive computer?

Maybe I missed something- aren't both already available on Dive computers?
    (Vision, Shearwater for GF, VR£ for VPM?)

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    Maybe I missed something- aren't both already available on Dive computers?
    (Vision, Shearwater for GF, VR£ for VPM?)
    Yes. The question is, if the hardware you wanted could only have either GAP or VPlanner on it, which one would you prefer?

Perhaps I should point out that this is based around the new X1 computer. The point of the hardware is to dive very deep, so perhaps the implied question is which of these two is the best algorithm for deep diving?
    Last edited by Mdemon; 7th March 2007 at 14:48.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

GAP gives you RGBM & GF why would you not use that?

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schford  View Original Post
    GAP would have been my vote since it has RGBM & GF. However, the poll does not mention RGBM though my understanding of GAP is that it includes both. (I am not a GAP expert because I run my tables on V-Planner.) So, given only the two choices included in the poll, I would prefer VPM B/E over GF, and that is how I voted.

~~~~~ #417 ~~~~~ PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer's Avatar

I'm wondering if we couldn't just choose both. That was supposed to be one of the features of it; multi algorithms. It makes the decision process easy.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I would like VPMB with the option of VPMBE. But the real thing not the aparently totaly diferent VR3 version.

Not so sure id like just VPMB

I like GF and i am happy to run it for my general diving but when things get deep and the helium goes up a lot the VPMB seems to handle it a lot better.

ATB

Mark Chase

Quote Originally Posted by schford  View Original Post
    RTQ!

SDM's on the button Stu - rgbm is not part of the GAP implementation on the X1.

In effect, you buy the base unit and then buy the algorithm to match. If you want the other algorithm you can have it, but it'll cost you extra.

So, if you're going to be diving deep using the X1, which algorithm would you prefer?

It would be interesting to know why as well...

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

Maybe this is in regards to the X1 from LiquiVision. The new, programmable dive computer due out in the next few months. Beyond the basic bottom timer software, there is suppose to be 2 different deco programs available - GAP and VPlanner Live (VPM).

The big question is if the GAP version will be just Buhlmann or will it include RGBM.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

I did RTQ perhaps you need to phrase it differently....And I quote from your original post

GAP or VPM B/E on your dive computer?
    As the title says; If only these two were available, which would you prefer? (Same output as the PC versions)
    So if Gap has the same output as the PC version or so you tell us - then why would you not use it as you get a modern bubble algo plus you get GF.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast