Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: 240m dive in Sra Keow: Trip report

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Re: 240m dive in Sra Keow: Trip report

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    Thats the trouble with the internet - real easy and fast to become famous - (or infamous) when there are far-far-far better divers doing far more challenging dives but not making so much noise about them.

Yup... and those are the 100 I was thinking of.... the ones we never hear of. (and it was a rhetorical number anyhow...).

Dave

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

I think theres nothing to be gained by going on about this.

As mentioned at the beginning the only thing that needed to be clarified was the potentially false data points - that being done lets move on.

The guy intentionally or unintentionally gave a false impression - that impression has now been corrected. Enough said.

I meet divers all the time who stretch the truth a little - hes not the first to do this and wont be the last.

If you talk of honor - the honorable thing to do now is to cut him some slack and keep the door open.

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    If you talk of honor - the honorable thing to do now is to cut him some slack and keep the door open.

DrMike has said it all..... I expected nothing less.

Dave

PRISM DIVER & LUVIN IT! dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000 is just really nice dive2dive2000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post
    Guys:

Peers give constructive criticism to peers. I'm not going to defend anyone, but I'd say this: If you are not in his peer group, meaning among the top 100 divers in the world, just allow this to play out among their fraternity and don't point fingers.

Let Cedric's team and his peers talk to him. The rest of *us* ought to just be quiet. I'm not in his league... are you? Cut the guy some slack. Only Ben and Dr. Mike are in a position to have a little chat over a beer with anyone on this topic.

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    First off I am not giving Constructive criticism. I expressed my feelings, *How I feel about roll models and dishonesty* If I was critiquing his dive I would be way out of line, and way out of my league, but expressing my views on dishonesty If you post your claims in public TELL THE TRUTH!

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dive2dive2000  View Original Post
    If you post your claims in public TELL THE TRUTH!
    Amen!

Anyone who has been around for any significant amount of time will have dirt on ANYONE!

However, everyone (one time or another) will be beaten by the pressure (i.e. peer, commercial, ego, habitual, etc) to "stretch the truth" - some more than others in size and frequency.

At the end, may be Cedric didn't react the way that was deemed to be "ideal" to everyone's opinion, but he did admit and confirm the fact right away. That's a lot more than some who carry on with their lies for years...

I really don't know what else everyone is expecting from Cedric. Let's close this thread and go diving...

Decodiver

I think that all the permutations of what could be said, have been said.

The original poster has asked that we move on, others, eloquently, have expressed their views and doubtless been agreed with, each and all of them, by many people who have viewed this post, but refrained from commenting.

This thread is now closed, thank you for keeping it pertinent, frank and courteous.

This is what RBW is about.

A sounding board and forum that welcomes each and all.

I am now going diving...........

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.
    Last edited by Decodiver; 13th March 2007 at 08:28.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7