+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OTS CL mod on classic KISS

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

Lightbulb OTS CL mod on classic KISS

Hi guys, i am playing with the idea of trying to put OTS CL on my classic KISS, just to see how it will work. Just wanted to share with you my idea and see if it is possible.
    I am thinking of plugging the connection to the counterlungs where they are located today.
    Buy a pair of second hand Ispiration CL's, get some spare hoses from jetsam, cut them in 2 pieces to connect to the t-port. And basically that would be it. What am i not thinking of... Will this work?

/Jonny

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB
    What am i not thinking of... Will this work?/Jonny
    Plug the other port where the hoses are attached now.
    Actually, I would rather plug the curent CLs port & use the standard hoses port to OTS CLs. Hose routing seems more natural to me that way.
    Best
    Philippe

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar
    Other than for experimentation and the slightest bit of breathing ease - why? Cheers.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Unless you can get the YBOD bags for little money, you might want to consider the Divematics bags. The Inhalation bag has gas no fittings, the exhalation bag only an OPV. Both have the same water drains on the bottom that the PRISM has.
    Makes for very clean chest considering that o-t-s CL placement.
    For price and availability you'll have to check with Divematics.

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar
    Hi
    I have tried inspo lungs on my KISS, it breathes like a pig. I think the extra resitence of the inspo water traps just pushes the kiss WOB tolerance over the edge

best

Dave

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Another reason to give the Divematics bags a shot, the hose connections are also like thr PRISM's, they don't have a T-connector. Instead they's angled 90 degrees to one another, thus preventing water flowing past the bag. ;)

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    As Ken said though what's the point?

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechBlue
    As Ken said though what's the point?
    I guess to put a water trap in the kiss

RBW Member Chris Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Gregory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave t
    I guess to put a water trap in the kiss
    Ah grasshopper all is revealed

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

Ok guys i am going to try to asnwer all in one post...

Phillipe - I think we are talking about the same thing, i will use the current hoses connection and plug the connection part on scrubber head where the CL connect.

Ken - It is for experimentation, might be fun to do, and i would want to try to have a watertrap. Also for ease of breathing if possible to get... Will have to see.

Stefan - Thanks for the info on Divematics bags, will look into that, i have seen some AP bags sold on ebay for about 100USD

Dave - Hey Dave have you done this yourself? Any information you wanna share with me, did it work out good?

Chris - Yeah Watertrap....

Still playing with the idea, will see how i will do it...

/Jonny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast