+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: seeking Divematics photos

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

seeking Divematics photos

Hey gang,

I'm doing my BOV homework/shopping, and was hoping to take a look at the Divematics unit...particualrly some close up shots of how teh 2nd stage mates with the block? i.e. how does the block hold different 2nd's in place? thanks for any close up images...

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

Re: seeking Divematics photos

Hey mate,
    Check out his web page- he has lots of stuff on it
    Link- Divematics,USA,Inc.

Very nice links on your homepage.
    I would be interested in talk about stuff in the future.
    You seem to involved in some interesting things.

Have a nice evening.
    Regards, Andrew

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Hello. Divematics website doesnt seem to show any good photos of the reg connection like I'm looking for. I'd like to find a few exploded parts views/photos.

if you have any questions about my projects, feel free to PM

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post
    Hello. Divematics website doesnt seem to show any good photos of the reg connection like I'm looking for. I'd like to find a few exploded parts views/photos.

if you have any questions about my projects, feel free to PM

Hello OO, the DM concept revolves around the idea that each reg is mated to the housing in a way that allows for the reg to stay stock. This allows for regular service and performance and typically involves an adapter plate for where it's mated with the valve. The plate has a screw that fits in the groove where the mouth pc goes and holds the 2nd stage in place. And the placement of the 2nd stage is typically optimised for comfort so that the exhaust tee rests against the front of the chin.

I have not seen too many up close, but it seems that this is how they are engineered... -Andy

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

Heres a couple of photos I happen to have on my Photobucket account - I'm not at home so can't take any more until the weekend, but here's the ones I have...

Here's one from the front

This one shows the underside of the BOV with the reg and adapter plate removed - see also how it holds a nice negative test even with no reg.

So basically the reg fits into an adapter plate that then screws onto the bottom of the BOV body. Different regs, need different plates. On mine, I fitted some o-rings around the reg where the mouthpiece would go, that made the reg a nice snug and sealed fit into the adapter plate - there is then 2 locking screws that stop the reg falling out. When I received the BOV from DiveMatics, the Reg was glued into the adapter plate. The 2nd stage must have taken a knock at some time, and because of the brittle nature of the plastic Oceanic use, this cracked the 2nd stage body as there was no give in the system. Now I use the o-rings, I have a well sealed system, that has some give and allows the 2nd stage to move slightly instead of stressing the body.

homebuild/custom

I'd love to get a close look at this adapter plate that is being referenced....and the method of using o-rings to aid in securing he mouthpiece to the plate

thanks so much

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

I'd love to get a close look at this adapter plate that is being referenced....and the method of using o-rings to aid in securing he mouthpiece to the plate

thanks so much
    When I get home on Friday, I'll take it all to bits and post some more detailed photos of the adapter, and my o-ring modifications.

Photos as promised...

As promised here's a few more detailed shots of my BOV.

So here's another one from the front

One from underneath

Here I've removed the reg and the adapter plate

Here's a shot of the reg and the adapter plate

Just the adapter plate

You can see here the crack that I had/have in my reg body caused by glueing the reg into the adapter, and not allowing any play giving stress points where the fixing screws thread in

And here you can see the o-rings I've fitted to seal around the mouthpiece spiggot of the reg.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer.

homebuild/custom

incredibly helpful..thanks so much! Q: does the set screw seem sufficient to hold the reg in place? any worry on whether or not it could fall out on its own?

incredibly helpful..thanks so much! Q: does the set screw seem sufficient to hold the reg in place? any worry on whether or not it could fall out on its own?
    There are 2 screws, one either side, and you can see that the thread penetrates throught he mouthpiece spiggot from both sides, so there's no reason it should just fall out. It's also a snug fit in the adapter with the o-rings, so even without the screws it should stay in place (although it would leak like a sieve through the screw holes)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast