+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: getting spam email

in lurking greekbird will become famous soon enough greekbird will become famous soon enough greekbird will become famous soon enough greekbird's Avatar

getting spam email

i've come out of lurking mode to alert the mods if not already aware?
    it seems that this board has been hacked?!
    i received an email from someone claiming to have set up a new forum for diving professionals.
    this is from the email 'We are aware that you are a member of a key community forum about Rebreathers(...)'
    as this is the only rebreather forum i am a member of... 2+2 = they got my email from here and as far as i know i have not made it public.

would the mods please look into this and sort it out?
    if you need info about this person and their so called professional(s) board please pm me and i shall give you their name etc. but i will not post it here, they do not deserve the publicity. ... :scumbugs:

annoyed greekbird

Staying Silent! Mostly... Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent's Avatar

Re: getting spam email

Yup I got the same email as well and it came through the email I have on RBW!

I get enough spam as it is!

RBW Member TheMacallan is on a distinguished road TheMacallan is on a distinguished road TheMacallan's Avatar

Yes I got one today.

Custom Title Allowed! buggeriamold is an unknown quantity at this point buggeriamold's Avatar

and me.

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Angry Re: getting spam email

Had spam from two companys, scuba-related, therefore targeted.

Account deleted as you can see, along with at least two others.

Not a peep on RBW about who/what/why/when/how.

Sorry, UNIMPRESSED.

Pretending it didn't happen is NOT an option after ten hours. And another member whose account was deleted also suffered from some personal abuse.

Come on, sort it out.

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Yep, I got one too.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

John we are sorting it
    It doesn't help when an admin account is deleted, Stuart is currently trying to restore the site.

You'll have to bear with us while we sort it out.
    I didn't get either spam so if someone would like to forward a copy to me please (post that you have / will so I don't get 6,000 copies :)) and we'll work out exactly what's happened.

Lets not forget we are all victims here, the culprit isn't necessarily a RBW member!

Catch all Staff Account sitebot is an unknown quantity at this point sitebot's Avatar

Ye at least your personal email account didnt get hacked along with yoru user account.

I am busy running around tryign to sort it and change things why dont you give me a break!

Thanks for the support.
    Last edited by sitebot; 19th February 2007 at 18:47.

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

EDIT: OK, you've got your hands full. Hope you sort it - copy of one of the spams sent. Best of luck...
    Last edited by Mdemon; 19th February 2007 at 19:12.

All The Gear, No Idea windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller's Avatar

got one as well!

Anyone joined?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast