+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Booster

New Member Phil Ennis is an unknown quantity at this point Phil Ennis's Avatar

Booster

OK, second post...... not quite so boring.

While I was away in the Carribean, I nearly bought a Kiss booster, credit card in hand but they cocked up and I didn't get it.............oooohhhh sorry didn't know you actually wanted it. Well I do want it/ one or whatever. Is there anything else on the market I should be looking at? Driven like the kiss by a cylinder, sorry can't remember the name of the booster, mini..me or something.

All ideas gratefully received.

Thanks,

Phil.

Staying Silent! Mostly... Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent is a name known to all Silent's Avatar
    Hi Phil,

Check this link, it's very similar to the Jetsam. https://www.tech-blue.com/en-us/dept_30.html

Also see this thread http://www.rebreatherworld.com/t949-.html.

Neil

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Tech Blue sells the Hydraulics Internationalpump seen below.
    He's a board member and will make you a good price.

Stuart's got one from him, too.
    There are more pics in the RB Accesories & Parts gallery of both the HI and Jetsam pumps.
    Beanie wrote an article about the Jetsam Nano Booster, and Stuart should have.

Thanks

Thanks for the input.

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar
    What are the pros and cons of this pump when compared to a Jetsam Baby Booster?

TIA.
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    What are the pros and cons of this pump when compared to a Jetsam Baby Booster?

TIA.
    it's a little bit heavier, the type of valves used are a little more robust, and you can also get a hand pump kit for when you are miles from anywhere without enough drive gas.

Simon A

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    It uses ball not reed valves, is a little bigger and can pump faster.

downside is not as light for travel.

If you are thinking of getting one have a word with Chris from tech blue it is who I got mine off and I am VERY happy....I will do a write up this week

Stuart

Chris is sending me the details, price etc tomorrow. So with his permission I will post the details here for all interested parties.

Details from Chris

Here are the details from Chris at Techblue.

Hi Phil,

Here is your pricing;

Standard O2 service pump $1,450
    Hand pump option $ 225
    2 x 7'0" teflon SS braided fill whips with QC's
    1x 300 bar male din fitting with bleeder & gauge port
    1x300 bar male din fitting with bleeder port
    1xneedle valve
    1x metering valve
    1xcheck valve
    1x combination O2 and Inert gas fittings
    1x 7' LP drive gas hose
    1x 1/4"npt male inflator fitting
    2x 3/8" SAE to 1/4" npt adapters
    1x 7 micron filter
    $ 550
    These fittings are all supplied with the appropriate nipples and connections O2 clean and ready to go. The price on these parts is a volume price but we can provide part pricing if you'd like to scale down on all the options.

Cheers,
    Chris

Shipping to the UK will be about $150

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Hey that looks a great price for the whip kit! Just a side note the american adapters for O2 and He will not work in the UK (you might want to delete them).

You will need to get a bull nose adapter to fit in the J and then connect to the quick disconnect.

I am guessing you will need a bull nose to a male 1/4 inch NPT (which the quick disconnect will then fit onto) - sub aqua products do these for about £30 I got 2 of them made up with quick disconnects on so I can leave one in the o2 J and one in the He J.

Stuart

PS It says guage port - does it include a guage?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast