It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World
       

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Design & Operation Scrubbers and Absorbents

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2013, 18:46   #1 (permalink)
RBW Member
 
Hans Hass's Avatar

 
Poseidon
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 2
Hans Hass is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting confused on scrubber designs

Hi,
Can someone please assist me?
I'm getting confused about different scrubber desings and the flow of air.

This is what I figured so far:
- Axial design travels the gas up or down thru the absorbent.
- Radial design travels the gas down in the middle and out thru the absorbent.
- Bi-axial travels the gas down thru the middle turns and travel up thru the absorbent.

But what is Co-axial? Is that the same as radial just with the opposite gas flow or?

And are there more different designs?

Some genies in here?

Thank you.
(Offline)
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 18:51   #2 (permalink)
Dive Addicts
 
Michael Thornton's Avatar

 
Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo
Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lehi, Utah, United States
Posts: 360
Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote: (Originally Posted by Hans Hass) View Original Post
Hi,
Can someone please assist me?
I'm getting confused about different scrubber desings and the flow of air.

This is what I figured so far:
- Axial design travels the gas up or down thru the absorbent.
- Radial design travels the gas down in the middle and out thru the absorbent.
- Bi-axial travels the gas down thru the middle turns and travel up thru the absorbent.

But what is Co-axial? Is that the same as radial just with the opposite gas flow or?

And are there more different designs?

Some genies in here?

Thank you.
Some radial Designs the gas travels outside the scrubber into the internal tube.
(Offline)
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 20:06   #3 (permalink)
RBW Member
 
Hans Hass's Avatar

 
Poseidon
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 2
Hans Hass is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

But thats what I'm asking, is that called co-axial - or?
(Offline)
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 23:26   #4 (permalink)
RBW Member
 
Mark Struckoff's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Mark Struckoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

I think you are making this overly complicated.

There are 2 scrubber types,
Axial
Radial

All the other stuff you mention is nothing more than design differences in them. this is all about the path for the gas to travel as it goes through the scrubber. Axial means enters one end and exits the other end. Radial means it flows from center outward or vice versa.
(Offline)
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 23:36   #5 (permalink)
The raffle shiest-er
 
Garth's Avatar

 
Hammerhead Extreme eCCR
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mooresville, North Carolina
Posts: 599
Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice
Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote: (Originally Posted by Hans Hass) View Original Post
But thats what I'm asking, is that called co-axial - or?
Co-axial will provide suboptimal TV reception. You should really be going HDMI with the rest of us who live in 2013
(Offline)
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 02:02   #6 (permalink)
Dive Addicts
 
Michael Thornton's Avatar

 
Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo
Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lehi, Utah, United States
Posts: 360
Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mark Struckoff) View Original Post
I think you are making this overly complicated.

There are 2 scrubber types,
Axial
Radial

All the other stuff you mention is nothing more than design differences in them. this is all about the path for the gas to travel as it goes through the scrubber. Axial means enters one end and exits the other end. Radial means it flows from center outward or vice versa.
+1
(Offline)
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 02:19   #7 (permalink)
RBW Member
 
ChemicalDiver's Avatar

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 204
ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote: (Originally Posted by Garth) View Original Post
Co-axial will provide suboptimal TV reception. You should really be going HDMI with the rest of us who live in 2013
Shearwater predator definitely needs HDMI...the screen is so nice.
Others are fine with coax.
(Offline)
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:39.


RebreatherWorld.Com 2005 - 2013
Rebreather World, RBW and the Rebreather World Logo are Trademarks
All rights reserved, no republishing of content without written permission.
By using this website you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions of Use

free counters

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.1.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254